Sunday, March 20, 2016

My Why?


My Silver Boots (Company) was created to affect social change through social media, web based social strategies, and books to help veterans and others deal with transformation and change. 
 My story of growing up as a Missouri country boy will be used to infuse hope into this nations veteran population by sharing life stories to show others how to overcome and transition in life and give them alternatives to overcome being stuck. “If  I can re-habilitate myself, so can you”.
My why is: “sharing inspiration to stay in the fight and become resilient”. Never give up, never quit.  From sharing the stories of extreme adversity I faced growing up as well as in my adult life as a warrior and as a fighter. I am focused on teaching proper mindset, and inspiring and helping others to learn how to overcome adversity and expand to new horizons.
I will do this by finding the contacts that can help take my content and extract the story the way it happened based on a true story.  My book will be published in late 2016, early 2017, Step Out Step Up The path from lost to found is that story.
Examining my life, I identified the methods and mindset that enabled me to come out of a single mom family with six kids devastated by domestic abuse who lived out of a 5K mobile home devastated by domestic abuse and a laundry list of other tragedies and go on to obtain my Juris Doctor in law and a Masters Degree in Organizational Management,  and go on to own a beautiful home on the Big Island of Hawaii. My ability to overcome obstacles was enhanced by mentors who came into my life.  I learned the great value of having thoughtful mentors and coaches in your life.




As you know from what we see and read in the current media, veterans face tremendous challenges on the home front. I am committed and passionate about creating resources that will allow them to find their path to a transition that propels them and their families toward their best possible future. I have a radical alternative to what has been out there that obviously by the numbers has no worked so far. My vision is to find a way to create media that will help them again have hope. I am committed and passionate about creating resources that will allow them to find their path to a transition that propels them toward their best possible future.

No comments:

Post a Comment